Monday, April 29, 2013
Motorola SB6121 Review
From nowhere, I had been having excruciatingly slow web speed upon Comcast. The Comcast tech suggested that my Motorola SB 4100 ended up being during the "end of life" and additionally that I should upgrade. Skeptical, I bought this modem and is a DOCSIS three.0 (and also backward compatible) modem. It worked. I moved from a 2mbps download speed to over 17mbps. What a differences. Indeed there was one installation glitch which you have to be conscious of. As soon as you hook up the modem (connect the coax wire, connect the ethernet wire, and additionally connect it in, that's it), and then try and get on the internet, it will direct everyone to a Comcast self-activation screen (no various other site is available). Soon after entering my account quantity and additionally phone number and hitting the "next" button, I had gotten a blank screen, and also not a thing occurs.
So I known as Comcast in addition they said that typically takes place should you decide are really doing some kind of upgrade; it mostly functions just for a new service connection. However, it is a simple and easy thing which gives the tech your MAC address along with the serial quantity. Soon after regarding 5 mins, when your man remained upon the occupation, it came alive, virtually no problem. However, here's the thing: the serial quantity the couple need is the CUSTOMER serial number. This is certainly just found in the bottom of the Motorola package the modem came in. This might be different from the "S/N" serial quantity which is upon the label which is with the education sheet as well as on the base of the modem by itself. The client S/N possess letters in it; the regular S/N has got just numbers inside and really is also long. My 1st Comcast tech didn't know that and it took a day to sort it out. Some other when compared to which, it functions fine with my iMac and Apple Air-port Extreme Base wi-fi router. Enjoy with this Motorola SB6121
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment